Video: Secretary Clinton's Remarks at May 10 U.S. and China EcoPartnership Ceremony
Secretary Hilary Clinton welcomed six new members to the EcoPartnerships program between the U.S. and China today, nearly doubling the size of the group. The EcoPartnerships work to establish best practices in clean energy and sustainable development.
Clinton's welcome remarks begin at minute 2:30. Minister Xie Zhenhua, the Chinese Vice Chairman of the National Development And Reform Commission, begins speaking around minute 6:30. The U.S.-Chinese representatives begin signing at minute 12:00.
The partnerships are:
- Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) with the China National Off-shore Oil Corp – New Energy Investment Co, Ltd. (Beijing, China)
- Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) and the city of Charlotte, NC, with ENN Solar Energy Group (Langfang) and the city of City of Langfang (China)
- The State of Utah with Qinghai Province (China)
- Center for Climate Strategies (Washington, DC) with Global Environmental Institute (Beijing, China)
- United States Business Council for Sustainable Development (Austin, TX) with China Business Council for Sustainable Development (Beijing, China)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN), the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) with the Chinese Academy of Sciences; Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research (Beijing, China), Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences (Beijing, China), and Institute of Applied Ecology (Shenyang, China).
Other Posts by Carissa Wodehouse
Sustainable Business Forum