The Internet has made the world a lot smaller than it used to be, which means most businesses enjoy opportunities they did not have even a decade ago. At the same time, this connectivity has also created unprecedented competition. The difference between you and a competitor may come down to which one is able to automate more of its vital tasks, so employees can focus their talents on where they are needed most.
What the 3 Best Email Automation Platforms Bring to the Table
If you are in the market for automation software, you won’t find yourself wanting for options. There are too many to list. However, the following three are generally considered the best on the market, so take a look at how they compare to one another.
1. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor benefits from a focus on ease of use and advanced functionality. From a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy for anyone to create beautiful emails to customizable customer journey creation, Campaign Monitor is a leader in email automation. The platform has a customer list that includes 200,000 companies from all over the world for a reason. This includes Converse, Vice, and Mercedes-Benz. The following platform functionality help explain these high-profile clients:
- Integrations – Just about every email automation platform supports some amount of integration, but Campaign Monitor does so with popular applications like Facebook Subscribe Form, Salesforce, GetFeedBack and Shopify. These third party integrations allow businesses to create highly targeted segmentations that delivery personalized content at the right time, to the right people, with the right message to get them to take action.
- Automation – Again, automation is commonplace these days but Campaign Monitor takes it to the next level. The platform offers a drag and drop customer journey workflow interface that gives marketers the ability to create advanced customer journeys based on recipient’s behavior. For example, a customer who abandons their shopping cart before making a purchase can be sent an email within 24 hours with a discount offer.
- Support – With award winning 24/7 customer support, Campaign Monitor goes beyond just troubleshooting for its customers. They assign dedicated customer success representatives to every customer to ensure they reach the highest ROI possible from every email campaign.
MailChimp is one of the most popular email marketing tool on the planet. The company has more than 15 million users due to its ease of use and focus on small businesses customers. While MailChimp offers a number of features, some of those it has become known for include:
- A/B Testing – It is important to know how your emails are performing. MailChimp will provide you with vital analytics automatically. You will receive important even insights even if you have never conducted an A/B test before.
- Mobile Apps – No other email automation company can boast 7 different mobile apps. If you are away from your desk a lot and still want to conduct business, these options will be really helpful.
- Responsive Templates – Unless you have the time and talent to code each individual email, you want high-quality templates. MailChimp has them. Best of all, they are responsive, so your messages will see better engagement across all devices.
3. Constant Contact
Constant Contact enjoys seniority among these three options. While this experience has certainly helped build its market share, many companies choose Constant Contact because its intuitive features make it easy for even novices to pick up and start using immediately. Aside from its user-friendly interface, Constant Contact’s other merits include:
- Customer Support – The moment you set up an account, a representative will contact you to see if you need help going forward. This kind of customer support will continue going forward, too.
- Triggered Emails – Businesses can create triggers that automatically send emails for events like new subscribers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- List-Building Tools – You will not get far with email marketing if you don’t build a list. This platform will walk you through the entire process and, again, customer support is always there to help.
Which Platform Makes the Most Sense for Your Needs?
The good news is that it would be hard to make a bad decision between these three email automation platforms. Each enjoys a stellar reputation for good reason. Still, before you make a choice, take some time to consider your unique needs as a company. Are you a small business or blogger who only needs basic email automation functionality or are you a larger company who needs more advanced functionality to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time? Each of these email automation tools cater to different businesses and their needs.